For All Your Insurance Needs

Am I Covered if I Hit a Deer on the Road?

Comprehensive coverage is designed to cover what is not covered by collision. It’s actually referred to as “other than collision” coverage. It is an optional coverage in Michigan, but it can help protect your vehicle from the unexpected!
What is typically covered by comprehensive car insurance:

• Weather damage
• Theft
• Vandalism
• Animal damage

You will have coverage after hitting a deer through the “animal damage” clause if you elect to purchase this type of policy. (In addition to deer-related damages, this can include any animal that damages your vehicle. If you run over an animal — or if an animal chews or damages internal wiring — you’re covered.)

McGovern Agency is here for all your insurance needs.
Please feel free to contact us if you want to confirm coverage!
(586) 464-2400 ~ 


Website and content disclaimer: Informational statements regarding insurance coverage are for general description purposes only. These statements do not amend, modify, or supplement any insurance policy. Consult the actual policy or your agent for details regarding terms, conditions, coverage, exclusions, products, services and programs which may be available to you. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to the final determination of underwriting qualifications and acceptance by the insurance underwriting company providing such products or services. This website does not make any representations that coverage does or does not exist for any particular claim or loss, or type of claim or loss, under any policy. Whether coverage exists or does not exist for any particular claim or loss under any policy depends on the facts and circumstances involved in the claim or loss and all applicable policy wording.