Hey there! Colt here,
Not only is July National Hot Dog Month, but today is National Hot Dog Day, so I am here to share some fun facts about Hot Dogs!
- Americans consume over 20 billion hot dogs per year! That’s a lot of hot dogs!
- About 150 million of those hot dogs are eaten every Fourth of July.
- The average American eats 70 hot dogs in a year!
- The coney dog, a Michigan favorite, has been around since as early as 1914.
- 2 of the many Coney Island restaurants in Michigan include Detroit restaurants, American Coney Island & Lafayette Coney Island which were originally opened by 2 brothers.
- Many people throughout the years have enjoyed trying both restaurants to determine which had the better coney dog.
- The hot dog was originally called the “Dachshund Sausage” due to its uncanny resemblance to the beloved dog breed.
I’ll bet you never thought you needed to know this much about hot dogs, but now you can wow your friends with all your new hot dog knowledge!
McGovern Agency ~ For all your Insurance Needs!
(586) 464-2400 – Inquiry@themcgovernagency.com