Whether this is your first Thanksgiving making a family meal, you’ve been doing it for years, or you just sit back and watch the Lions play until the food is ready – We know the holidays can be both stressful and rewarding!
Here is a list of cooking safety tips and last-minute ideas to help your meal go great!
• Need help with your turkey?
• Ideas for new sides?
• Not sure what to do for dessert?
• Need game snacks to have by the couch?
Top 10 safety tips:
• Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
• Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently.
• Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
• Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
• Keep knives out of the reach of children.
• Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
• Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
• Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
• Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks, or bags.
• Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
Please remember to be safe this holiday and watch all heat sources for potential hazards.
McGovern Agency is here for all your insurance needs.
Please feel free to contact us at any time.
(586) 464-2400 ~ Inquiry@themcgovernagency.com